Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Apple Souffle~

Left: L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Cherub
Right: Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk
Comes in a glass container for freshness :)
The texture is extremely light and soft. It literally has a souffle texture! It's amazing!
Blending power is also superb.

I kinda went and bought this on a whim (I've been in a spendy type of mood lately)
It was just one of those moments were I went to the cashier line thinking "Ok, you're gonna try it out and get a good kick out of it, then return it tomorrow."  I was planning on lying to myself that the color wasn't right or anything else to give a reason to return it.  After trying it out, I didn't wan't to return it anymore .___.
This rarely ever happens to me, where I buy a product in a impulse then come to like it afterwards. I always end up returning something!  Now I was just telling myself why not to return it.

Anyways I was just sold on the creamy soft texture. It feels like your applying mousse onto your apple of the cheeks.  The texture is just incredible.  The color payoff is pretty good and definitely build-able. There are tiny little subtle sparkles that add dewy-glowy-ness :)  I found that I can use either a blush brush or my fingers to easily apply it. I'm finding it to be a great blush for the winter because of the extra dryness.  I keep getting these dry patches around my cheek areas, and powder blush only excentuates it.  After replacing my powder blushes with this, my dry patches have disappeared. What a great solution!

However, couple cons I have found about this is that it transfers to phone or other things you would put on your face throughout the day since it's a cream texture.  It doesn't set well...it looks and blends amazingly when applies but I'm finding that it takes a little more maintenance to keep it in place than powder blushes.

Really stays on all day long, and has good color pay off :D
I love Maybelline's Color Tattoo line! I had it in this color before, but I went and lost it during the summer when I went back to L.A.  I decided to go and replace it since I love the dark metallic burgundy color, and frankly I've been missing it :/
I'm hoping that my spendy mood will come to a stop.  I don't think my bank can take anymore damages D:

2 comments:

  1. I love these too! :) Great review :)



    Jamie Kate
    http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're looking so stylish on the last picture! :) I'm not that knowledgeable with make-up so maybe you can help clear things up for me, but aren't there some sprays or something that helps keep make-up on much longer without smudging? Would that help to keep the blush on longer? .___.

    ReplyDelete